It's over, and I'm mostly relieved, but don't take that to mean I have any regrets, it's been a helluva journey. Harder at times than I realised, specially those short days that sound like a breeze only to be spent clambering uphill for an hour to only cover a mile across the ground.
We've shared the company of some great people on the way, I particularly enjoyed time spent with our Dutch C2Cers and fellow Espresso enthusiasts. I'm pleased to have been with them at the end. We've seen some great countryside, and now know a few places we'd like to return to.
Thank you Gill for your tireless enthusiasm and organisational skills, without which I would probably never have got around to it. I can now pick up my little Wainwright book and leaf through it's pages knowingly.
Thank you Andy for showing such determination despite your various ailments these last two weeks, and thank you both for your patience with my dodgy knees. They seem better now!
We did this together, and that will always mean a great deal to me.
Simon, it was a pleasure sharing 'the adventure' with you. So glad you persevered and got the better of your knees! So, where's next??
ReplyDeleteNext destination to be discussed at The MH this weekend if it ever stops raining.
DeleteAw, shucks Simon....I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Thanks for joining us and glad we helped you complete a long-held ambition, despite your dodgy knees and various nay-sayers encouraging you not to attempt the complete C2C! Fancy a short stroll to the MH this weekend? Andy
ReplyDeleteNice to have met you folk on the walk, and nice to read another blog on the experience. Thanks for the comments on mine! Hadrians wall next, a long weekend, surely...
ReplyDelete